Accepting help is the first major step towards a drug free life. If you have recently accepted treatment for your substance abuse issues, congratulations, you are on your way to a happier and healthier lifestyle. Now, you must choose an effective program to get you back on track. The next step you and your family must take is choosing an effective treatment facility. Keep reading to learn the keys to successful treatment.
Traits of an Effective Rehab Center
While drug and alcohol treatment are not a one-size-fits-all institution, an effective center will always have the following:
1. Treatment Can Be Personalized: Each person seeking treatment is unique in his or her own way. No one has experienced the same journey and therefore, an effective treatment center must be able to create a customized program to meet the needs of each addict.
2. Space is Available Now: Once you have accepted treatment as your next step, you should not wait to enter a facility. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to experience a relapse. As such, an effective program will be able to accommodate you quickly, if not immediately.
3. All Your Needs Can Be Addressed: Often, substance abuse is not the only factor impacting an addict’s life. To be effective, a program must also address your spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional needs. Whether you require help with mental health issues or if you desire a religious-based program, the center should be able to accommodate you.
4. You Stay in Treatment for An Adequate Time Frame: If you are on the verge of a major breakthrough, but your rigid treatment program won’t let you stay to complete your healing process, you can be left without the support or services you need. Thus, time flexibility is important to a successful rehab program.
5. Therapy is Readily Available: Individual, group, and family counseling should all be offered by an effective treatment center. During these therapy sessions, addicts will learn to reflect on their lives and what had drawn them to substance abuse. Through this enlightenment, these individuals can change their futures for the better.
6. Multiple Treatments and Therapies Can Be Combined: For some individuals, traditional therapy is enough to help them overcome addiction. For others, however, medication may be necessary to help them control other issues or symptoms. If this is the case, the rehab program should accommodate your individual needs.
7. Your Needs are Frequently and Continually Assessed: Treatment is a time of great change, including emotional, physical, spiritual, and mental development. As such, it is important that an effective rehab program employ specialists who will track your progress throughout your stay.
8. Admission Can Be Voluntary or Involuntary: Despite popular belief, treatment programs are effective for those who are unwilling or reluctant to enter in the first place. Often, once the addict has been through detox and is in a safe and stable environment, they can learn to accept the help that is being offered.
9. The Staff Are Experienced and Caring: An important factor in effective treatment is the manner of those providing the help. Each program should have certified staff who are knowledgeable in all forms of treatment and therapy and can provide a shoulder to cry on when necessary.
10. The Facility Is Highly Rated: One of the most important factors in choosing a program is its overall success and the reviews of its graduates. An effective program will always have a plethora of recovering addicts to attest to its abilities.